Friday, November 15, 2013

Crafty Anger Management Chart

I'm am so excited to share this new madness strategy chart I created for a kiddo at my school.  A "cool-down" kit had too many options and the student ended up tearing up the kit and throwing it at others.  To help the student have a little more structure I created a chart, with approved strategies from his teacher, that he can choose from.  A couple of the strategies are super desirable, so to ensure the student wasn't getting mad just to avoid work we made a system where once he has used a strategy for the day he should choose a different one later if he is needing it. 

Essentially I created a social story that is hands on.  I purchased scrapbook pages and put "When I get Mad I can ..."  Then I attached the little clear command hooks on the bottom (I was afraid they would be too heavy and tug on the plastic cover of the page, but that wasn't the case).  Then on the hooks there are 5 strategies (visual and written) that the student can choose from.  I'm so excited how it turned out :)

4 comments:


  1. When you go into any drug and alcohol rehab center, you will find that it is full of people who are just like you - people with addiction problems who have been unable to tackle them on their own.anger management counseling

    ReplyDelete

  2. Most psychological experts would define anger management as the process of recognizing and controlling your anger. It is not something that is done only once. see more,[www.aacsatlanta.com] please visit
    anger management counseling

    ReplyDelete

  3. Anger management is a serious issue and should be dealt with decisively.
    This article describes two proven methods that will help you manage your anger[www.aacsatlanta.com] see more atanger management counseling

    ReplyDelete

  4. The best alcohol treatment centers would also require the best of the employees to provide the necessary services. In this respect, these centers employ individuals with specific qualifications for various posts[www.aacsatlanta.com] see more at anger management counseling

    ReplyDelete